of some test shots with Alpha

Ditching my PEN...and i turn to Sony Alpha. the thing is like this. i wanted to get a new camera after handling a micro four. so i did some research and i set my eyes on a J2 - the newer version of Nikon J1.

you might be wondering y i want to do a downgrade from a PEN to J2? although my EPL1 is the first generation of Micro four, but it has served me well and the specs is slightly better than J2 except J2 comes with some intelligence built in the camera itself.

so i called a couple of camera shops and they told me that they have j2 in their shop. then i decided to pop by to take a look. i almost wanted to get it cos the camera with kit 10-33mm is about 600 plus and the pancake lens is 270 which total up to be about 900 plus. then the shop assistant show me nex 5N and show me all the good features of Nex5N. less than 15 mins, i drop the idea of getting a j2 already..

why? Sony uses a bigger sensor which has the cropped factor of 1.5 (same as my d90). the price of dual kit lens is 936 which is still cheaper than j2 with better specs. the only concern is that the lens for Sony is quite limited and expensive. after much consideration, i decided to go ahead with the purchase cos i dont intend to get alot of lens for my micro. the basic ones will do. so here i am, with alpha. my first sony camera.

the bundle includes a dual kit lens (18-55mm and 16mm), a herringbone bag, a detachable external flash, 1 8G SD memory card and a extra sony battery

i will be selling my EPL1 together with my olympus LENS soon to offset my purchase. hehe..any takes please PM me lol.

below are some of the test shots from Alpha. the quality is quite good.

toy effect

dreamy effect

sephia effect

mummy with me

Comments